I am expectantly looking forward to life. What will happen in the coming weeks? Won't you join me on my journey.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Alice in Wonderland

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

The Friends of the Library recently held a silent auction. One of the books was a first edition of Alice's Adventure in Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass. Two books in one. My oldest daughter, Gabby, wanted it. She fretted and tried to decide when would be the best time to bid. Well, actually to have me bid for her. She has a fondness for books. This is not one of her favorites, but she became obsessed with winning the bid on this book. Unfortunately it was also desired by another collector of books. While we never did actually place a bid, we did worry the young man so much that he bid $75 for a $32 book.

No comments:

Post a Comment