I am expectantly looking forward to life. What will happen in the coming weeks? Won't you join me on my journey.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Here I go


So I decided to create a blog. Novel concept ,huh? It seems everyone is starting one. Well maybe not. Although searching for information made me almost as excited for myself as the thought of encouraging a few people I know to join me in my quest.
You see, I am a nurse. It isn’t just the letters behind my name that makes me so. I was told by a friend’s mom, (well she really was as much a friend too if I had only realized it at the time) that I was a nurse. At the time I thought she was crazy. I forgot all about it until years later. When I became a nurse, there was some thought put into it. I was twenty years old and in a dead end job. Or so I thought, actually I had made a bit of progress at the bank I worked at. In less than two years I had progressed from teller to proof operator and was at the time an internal auditor. Pretty good for a girl without a high school diploma.  [That’s a whole other can of worms I’ll have to remember to write about]

I think really, I was just bored. So what does a girl without a formal education do? She joins the Army.  Yeah really, I did. They rolled their eyes when I went into the recruiting office and asked “what can do for me.”  They weren’t laughing when I got back from taking my ASVAB test. You see, I passed it with a very high score. I’m not bragging, well just a bit. At any rate my dad had advised me to go into the medical field because I would always have a job. So I became a 91B. That is to say an Army Combat Medic.  I was recommend for another class that made allowed me to become an LVN/LPN. From there the lovely state of California let me take the RN boards. And now some 27 years later, while I will always be a nurse, I really don’t want to be a bedside nurse.

I digress. Not so unusual for me really. I have reached my fiftieth year and I am not really sure that I have much to show for it. I am great at procrastination. It has not served me well.  So… today while trying to figure out once again where my life would or should lead me I decided to start a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment